Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Halloween Mani

Hi, Viewers


I would like to present my Halloween mani. It is Creative Nail Design's Orange-a-Peel. This may be a HTF now since this company has recently overhauled its entire color range and products. I had to the best of intentions of doing a really awesome mani but as usually life got in the way. I will be changing tomorrow to something more work suitable but I have enjoyed wearing this for a day.




We didn't have any trick or treaters at the house tonight. I think that the rain kept everyone indoors. Boo. But on the plus side, I have 2 bags of candy to dispose of. :>)

Other than nail polish, one of my other interests is reading. Currently I am reading "Lost Souls" by Lisa Jackson. I am on Chapter 6 and I have struggled through this book for some reason. It is entertaining enough but I the pacing is off for me and seems to drag. This is my first book that I have read by this author but I have heard good things about her books so I am determined to finish it.

Here is what the editors say about it:

From Publishers Weekly
Kristi Bentz, having recovered from her last encounter with a sadistic monster in bestseller Jackson's Absolute Evil, faces an equally terrifying ordeal in this frantic paranormal thriller. Four female students associated with a vampire cult have gone missing at Baton Rouge's All Saints College, where Kristi is pursuing a journalism degree and plans to write about true crime. Kristi by chance rents an apartment once tenanted by one of the missing girls and begins investigating the case, thinking it might make a great first book. Kristi's old college sweetheart, Jay McKnight, provides an unexpected surprise (and protection) when he shows up as the fill-in for one of Kristi's professors. Not too surprisingly, Vlad, the mysterious serial killer, sets his sights on Kristi. Adding hot sauce to the blood bath is Kristi's new supernatural ability to detect anyone marked for a life-or-death struggle when she sees a person go from living color to deadly gray or black-and-white. Jackson peppers the action with insights into the challenges faced by law enforcement agencies trying to solve crimes in post-Katrina Louisiana. (Apr.) Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.


Sounds really good right? Well it did to me too! I love parnormal fiction, mysteries, and thrillers. And a dash of historical romance to lighten things up a bit but this book is a snore so far. I am hoping that it picks up a bit when I reach the half way point because as of right now the foreshadowing is killing me and I just want something to happen.


Well, that is all for now. Thanks for reading if you got this far. I hope that you stop in again soon. Nighty Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment